Do you want to run your favorite Android apps on your Mac, or perhaps you are a developer and are looking for an Android emulator to debug your apps, Or there is a possibility that the emulator you are using right now is difficult to use or is too slow or one that comes bundled with Android Studio. However, there can be many other reasons, due to which you are looking for Android emulators for Mac. So don’t worry, in this article we are sharing the best android emulator for Mac. So without wasting more time let’s start the tutorial about the installation of best and free android emulators for Mac.
Top 5 Best And Free Android Emulators For Mac
Bluestacks Android Emulator
However, there are many android emulators for macOS in the market but only a few of them are easy to install and run, and Bluestacks Android Emulator for Mac OS is one of them. It allows you to enjoy lossless quality games. Bluestacks is an American technology company that produces Bluestacks app players and other cloud-based cross-platform products. The Bluestacks App Player is not only helpful in running Android applications on Apple’s macOS but also on Windows. The program is embedded with Lerrack technology which means that you are able to run the most graphic-intensive games with ease. I wrote in the beginning that this app is very easy to install and use, so let’s see how you can install and use bluestacks emulator…
How to Install and Use Bluestacks Emulator
- To download Bluestacks, you have to go to the Bluestacks website, click here to go to the Bluestacks website.
- After downloading Bluestacks from the Bluestacks website, open the downloaded Bluestacks package (Setup) to install it.
- After opening it, install it by clicking twice, Installing Bluestacks Setup will take some time when the package is 100% Loading, then a new window will open in front of you, in which you have to click on Next twice, now the Installing process will start, this process will take some time.
- To use Bluestacks, open it, after opening, there will be an option of Sign In, where you will have to enter your Gmail Id and password.
- When you enter your Gmail Id and Password, the Home Screen will open in front of you, which will be exactly like your Android mobile.
- Just like you use your Android mobile now, you can use Bluestacks as well, you can download your favorite Android App from Google Play Store and run it on the big screen of your computer.
Nox Android Emulator
NoxPlayer is a fully optimized android emulator, it has everything that a user want: simplicity, speed, and compatibility. Nox player allows you to run android apps and games on both the Mac and windows system and give you the best Android experience. As compared to other emulators, Nox player is more stable and smoother for both games and apps. With this emulator, you will get the same gaming experience as the PC and console gaming. Nox player also supports keyboard shortcuts, gamepad, script recording, and multiple instances. You can run multiple instances at the same time to play more games. Nox player allows you to customize the performance settings of the emulator and assign the maximum amount of RAM or number of CPU cores you want it to utilize while running Android applications on your Mac even you can customize the resolution of the interface. Now let’s see how you can install it or use it…
How to Use and Install Nox Emulator
Step 1: Nox player is a free emulator, so you can download it from its official website, by clicking here.
Step 2: After downloading it, install it on your macOS.
Step 3: After successful installation, launch the android emulator on your Mac. On its home screen, you will find the in-built Google Play Store.
Step 4: Open Google Play Store with your Gmail id password and search for the games or apps you want to use. Then click on the download button and it will be automatically downloaded and installed in your Nox.
Step 5 – if you have the .apk file of the app or game on your mac, you can drag and drop it into Nox and click the file to install it. But don’t forget to turn root mode on in Nox system settings to enjoy this file-sharing feature between your macOS and Nox player.
Step 6: Now you’re all set to, use or play your favorite Android games and apps on your macOS using the mouse, keyboard or touch screen. You can use the CTRL + Mouse scroll short cut to zoom in and out.
Step 7: To use Nox multiple instances feature, just open the multiple instance management panels of Nox and launch a new instance to run a different game in it.
Andy Android Emulator
If you need a user-friendly and powerful android emulator for Mac, so Andy can be a very good option for you. It lets you install, and use thousands of apps exclusive to Android on your macOS and Windows PC. And you can do it all without having to set up a virtual machine or go through a complex setup process. Andy emulator breaks down the barrier between desktop and mobile computing while keeping a user up to date with the latest Android OS feature upgrades. It provides you unlimited storage capacity. With andy emulator, you can use your phone as a joystick, you will never have to sacrifice the multi-touch or gyro elements of gaming, and that is because of the seamless sync between desktop and mobile. One of the best features of Andy emulator is that this emulator also allows you to use IM tools like WhatsApp or WhatsApp Plus on your Windows or Mac PC, and for this, you just need to identify yourself with your phone number. Now let’s see how you can install Andy and use android apps on your macOS with android emulator Andy…
How to Install and Use Andy Emulator
- Andy is also a free android emulator for Mac and to use it, first download Andy emulator from its official website by clicking here.
- After its .exe file is downloaded, you will have to double click on it and install it. Now you have to click on Next Button.
- Now click on the accept button back to back, it will start the installation process, and once it completed, the Andy emulator will start automatically.
- Now, by opening Playstore in it, you can install all those applications you want as you usually do in your Android phone.
GenyMotion Android Emulator
Searching for an easy-to-use android emulator for mac, try Genymotion android emulator. With a user-friendly interface, Genymotion is one of the best easy-to-use emulators. Genymotion was designed primarily for app developers to test their products in a secure and virtual environment. But now, from developers to normal users, this app has become everyone’s choice. This emulator allows you to emulate 40 different types of Android devices, and also gives you access to all versions of Android. And if you’re a developer, it allows you to installations of unlimited apps and games. Genymotion supports multi-touch and comes with accelerometer sensor and gyroscope sensor support. This emulator also supports unlimited screencasts. One of the best features for developers is that, they can use Genymotion Cloud, which is their cloud-based virtual emulation service, with this anyone can interact with your(developer) virtual device through web browser, so you can share your projects easily, and the best part is the recipient doesn’t need to have Genymotion installed in his/her device. Now let’s see how you can install and use Genymotion android emulator…
How to Install and Use Genymotion Android Emulator
- To install Genymotion emulator first you have to download and install VirtualBox for OS X hosts from the Download VirtualBox page.
- When installing VirtualBox, in the Custom setup window, make sure that the VirtualBox Networking is enabled, and once it will be done, reboot your mac system.
- After rebooting your mac system, Go to the Genymotion download page and download the macOS 64-bit package on your Mac device.
- Now Open the .dmg file. And then drag and drop Genymotion and Genymotion Shell to the Applications directory.
- Now Click Genymotion icon from the Applications directory, which will open the main window.
- After that, enter your account credentials and click on the “Next” button or you can click on “Create Account” to create a new account.
- Now select a virtual device from the template list and double click on it to install it.
- Now, the Install virtual device window opens, it will ask you to enter your name. You can also adjust the settings for your new virtual device from here and after that click on Next button.
- Your virtual device is being downloaded and will appear in My installed device section.
- Now, click twice on your newly created virtual device and select the Start option to start it.
Appetize Android Emulator
If we talk about Appetize emulator, then it is completely different from the four emulators mentioned above, Where to use apps in the four emulators mentioned above, you first needed to install those emulators, Appetize lets you run native Android and iOS apps directly on the web without installing any emulator on your Mac system. It is an online-based emulator which provides all its services online without installing it. You can run Appetize in any web browser and with no restriction of the operating system. In addition to running Android games and apps on your Mac, you can also test any app you have created, on this online emulator. You can easily start this process by uploading an APK file or sharing the URL to the directory containing the file, then you have to wait for few seconds or minutes because it took some time for uploading and then run it. Once the app is loaded, this emulator also allows you to control things like the resolution of the device to be used for testing, the Android version, or toggle ADB bridge and USB debugging on or off. The only drawback of this emulator is, it is free for a limited period only. Users can only use the online app for 100 minutes each month and for more usage users will be required to purchase paid plans starting at $40 a month.
So these are some of the best android emulators for Mac, with the help of these emulators you can easily run your favorite android application on your macOS. Hopefully, now you may understand how you can use these Android emulators in your Mac system and your search for best android emulators for Mac will stop here, but still, if you have any questions or confusions regarding android emulators, you can ask us in the comments section.