One of the leading Smartphone manufacturer company Xiaomi has also released MIUI 11 with its two new smartphones Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 8 and Mi Air Purifier 2C. MIUI 11 is an upgraded variant of the previous version MIUI 10. The company has removed many UI elements from this new update. This update will give a tough competition to Android 10 and Apple iOS 13. Launched in October, the company released this new version of miui for its different handsets in different phases. Despite releasing for many handsets, there are still many such handsets that are still waiting for MIUI 11. So if your mobile is one them then instead of waiting you can install MIUI 11 manually. So let’s see how you can download MIUI 11 manually on your xiaomi phone…
How to Download MIUI 11 Manually
Downloading MIUI 11 is not so tough you only have to follow these simple steps…
- If MIUI 11 isn’t officially available for your mobile then you will have to download the specific recovery ROM for your Xiaomi smartphone by clicking here.
- Ensure that you choose the right ROM variant(country-wise). There are some ROMs that are only available to register closed beta users, which will verify your Mi account before allowing you to download.
- Once you downloaded the ROM, move the .zip file to your smartphone’s internal storage. Although It is recommended to transfer the downloaded file to the root folder but it won’t affect the further process as long as it is available in your phone’s storage.
- After moving the zip file now to flash an MIUI 11 recovery ROM manually, you need to unlock recovery mode and for that just go to your device Settings > About phone > System update and then click on the MIUI logo 7-8 times to access the recovery options.
- Now to start the further process, click on the three-dot menu on the top right side and go to Choose update package. Now, select your downloaded ROM (the .zip file) and click on OK option when it prompted.
- The previous step will start the process. Now you need to follow the screen instructions, your phone will verify the compatibility with the MIUI 11 ROM, and if it gets approval which it gets most of the time, the update will be flashed.
- This process will take a few minutes, and between this process, your mobile can be reboot multiple times.
- Once the process will complete, you will find miui 11 installed on your Xiaomi or Redmi phone.
So that’s how you can download MIUI 11 manually on your xiaomi phone. Now let’s see what features you will get in MIUI 11…
What are the New Features in MIUI 11
With MIUI 11 you will get Always-on Experience. Along with this, the facility of dynamic clock will also be available which will be given on the lock screen. Through MIUI 11, users can add their own custom code or message. These messages will appear on the lock screen. Apart from this, if your phone does not have a notification light, then you can use the on-screen notification effect.
Wallpaper Carousel feature has also been given in this update. Through this, users will get a personalized lock screen experience. In addition, dubbed dynamic video wallpaper feature has also been provided in this update. Under this feature, any video can be set as a wallpaper on the screen.
The Quick Reply feature has also been provided in this update. Under this feature, you will be able to easily reply while using an app or even while playing a game without closing the app or game. Apart from this, the calculator app will also be made available in the floating interface.
Hopefully, now you know what new features you will get in MIUI 11 and how you can download MIUI 11 manually on your MI or Xiaomi phone but still, if you have any questions or confusion regarding how you can download MIUI 11 manually, you can ask us in the comments section.