Although very rarely we need to export bookmarks from our browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox), but if we want to move from one browser to another, then we need it. We save many of our important content in bookmarks, and when we turn to another browser for some reason, we have to lose all our bookmarked content. And that is all because we don’t know how to export bookmarks from browsers. But don’t worry, this will never happen from now on, because in today’s article we will know how to exports bookmarks from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer…
How To Export Bookmarks
So as I mentioned above in this article we will know how to export bookmarks from three most using browsers Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox, so let’s start with chrome first and know how you can export bookmark from google chrome…
How To Export Bookmarks From Google Chrome
To export bookmarks from google chrome, follow the steps which I shared below but keep in mind that you cannot export Chrome bookmarks from within the Chrome mobile app.
1.Turn on your PC and open Google Chrome.
2.Once the google chrome opens, click on the top-right corner of the window (Three Dots). It will open a drop-down menu.
3.Now from the drop-down menu, select the “Bookmarks” option. Selecting the option will prompt a pop-out menu.
4.Now from the pop-out menu select the “Bookmark manager” option.
5.After that the “Bookmarks Manager” window will open in a new tab, on this page click on the ⋮ icon in the far-right side of the blue banner that’s at the top of the Bookmarks window, which will open a drop-down menu.
6.From the drop-down menu click on the “Export Bookmarks” option, which will open file explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) window.
7.Now give any name to your file and select the right location for it. After doing this click on the “Save” option.
How To Export Bookmarks (Favorites) From Internet Explorer
To export favorites from internet explorer follow these simple steps…
- Open internet explorer on your PC.
- Once it opens, click on the File menu, where you will get several options.
- From the file menu, click on the “Import and Export” option and then click on the “Next” button.
- Now click on “Export Favorites to Netscape,” and then click Next.
- After that select “Favorites,” and then click on the “Next” button.
- Now choose the Favorites folder that you want to export. If you want to export all Favorites then select the top-level Favorites folder. Otherwise, select one by one. After selecting the folder click on next.
- Now give a name to your bookmarks file and select the location where you want to save it and then click on next.
- Now click on export and then finish.
How To Export Bookmarks From Mozilla Firefox
You can export bookmarks from Mozilla Firefox by following these simple steps…
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser on your PC.
- Once the browser opens, click on the Library button and then click on the “Bookmarks” option.
- Now scroll to the bottom and click on “Show all Bookmarks” option.
- From the toolbar on the Library window, click on Import and Backup option and select Export Bookmarks to HTML.
- Now type a name for bookmarks file and select the location where you want to save it.
- After that click on the “Save” button.
So that’s how you can export bookmarks from google chrome, internet explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Hopefully, now you may have understood the process but still if you have any question regarding how to export bookmarks you can ask us in the comments section.