Almost everyone knows about the IMEI Number. The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) Number is a unique identification number given to all phones so that your cellular network can easily identify your device. The IMEI number is a 15 digit number, which you can get by dialing *#06# or you can also find it under your phone’s battery. As I already mentioned that your cellular network identifies your mobile Phone by this number, so if you are using a dual SIM phone, you get two IMEI numbers. Although we all know that the IMEI number is very important for us, but still most of the time we forget to write it or do not write it deliberately. And until we lose our phone, we do not try to find it and later we don’t get it. Now here two questions pop us in our mind, why do we need an IMEI number, and How to get the IMEI Number of lost mobile? So let’s know first, why we need an IMEI number …
Why I Need IMEI Number
As I mentioned above that, IMEI Number is an unique identity no., Which describes the identity of your phone and there are so many places and situations where you need to be disclosed your phone’s identity by using this no, such as during phone exchange offers, and when you need to know the mfg date of your phone. But you’ll need it most when you lose your phone because with IMEI number you can easily track your missing phone and also You can ask your cellular network provider to stop your phone’s network services so that no one can misuse it. So these were some of the main reasons why we need the IMEI number, now let us know how to get the IMEI number of a lost phone …
How To Get The IMEI Number Of Lost Mobile
Many of us have faced this situation before, where they required the IMEI number to find their missing phone, but unfortunately, they failed. because that time they didn’t know How to get the IMEI Number of lost mobile, but now don’t worry this information will help you to find the lost mobile IMEI Number. What you need to do is only follow these few steps, which I mentioned below…
- Open your browser and visit Google Dashboard.
- After opening this page you will see multiple options their from which you have to find “Android” option.
- Once you find it just expand it and it will show you all the devices linked with your account.
- In most of the cases, you will find the IMEI Number in next to your device name but if you do not get it there, just click on “Find Your Device” option below.
- Now it will take you another page where you will get your device name, last seen details and an (i) info icon. So click on the info icon and it will show you the IMEI number of your device.
So this is how you can get the IMEI number of a lost mobile. And in this process, with the help of “Find Your Device” feature, you can also find your lost device. Now time to end this conversation and if you have any questions about this topic, you can share with us in the comments section.