With billions of download and 4.9 million daily active users, Skype has become one of the leading video calling application in the world. The reason behind the success of this app is its amazing features and user-friendly interface, and today we are going to know about one of those amazing features and that is “Screen Share Feature”. So let’s see What is Share screen feature and How to share screen on Skype…
What Is The Share Screen Feature On Skype
People who use Skype daily (especially in office) already knows about and you can also judge it this feature by its name “Share Screen”, so basically on Skype share screen is a feature that helps you to share your device screen on video call. With this feature you can be able to show whatever running on your device screen to the other receipt on a running video call. This feature is useful for all kind of users but especially to those who use Skype for official work. The requirement of this feature is very high because seeing something is better than hearing something. So now we know what is Skype’s share screen feature so now let’s know how to share screen on Skype…
How To Share Screen On Skype
So as we all know that Skype is available for both Windows and Mobiles devices, and this screen sharing feature is also available for both of the devices, but the process to enable this feature is slightly different in both. So let’s learn them separately and first start with how to share screen on Skype for windows.
How To Share Screen On Skype For Windows
There is not so hard process to share screen on Skype for Windows users, and you can do it easily by following these simple steps…
1. Open the Skype application on your Windows device and then sign in with your username and password.
2. Now you need to make a voice or video call to any of your contact or group.
3. Now a calling window will open on your device screen, and in the bottom of the calling window, you will see a “+” icon. So click on it.
4. After clicking on it, some options will open in front of you, and one of them will be the “Share Screen”, so click on it.
5. Now you will see an outline around your screen because through this Skype asks you to choose which screen you would like to share, so if you’re using two monitors (screens) so click on the screen which you want to share. Or if you’re using only one screen so let it remains pre-selected.
6. Then if you also want to share your computer sound, so slide the toggle on and enable it.
7. Now click on the Share Screen option and then the other person or people will be able to see your screen.
So that’s how you can share screen on Skype on windows device, but do you know how to stop it?
How To Stop Screen Sharing On Skype For Windows
So once you’ve done your work with screen sharing then you can stop it easily, and there two ways to do that. First, just hang up the call, or second if you don’t want to hang up the call so click on the same button which you used to start the screen sharing and then select the stop sharing screen option.
How To Share Screen On Skype For Mobile
Sharing screen on Skype with a mobile device is actually not possible because the screen streaming feature is still not available for mobile application but if it something important on your mobile screen which you wanna share to your contact and group, so you can use the “Screenshot” option for that, because it is the only and best alternative for sharing screen on Skype with mobile device. I know this is not a proper and fair solution but trust me it is the only solution.
First, you have to take the Screenshots and then you can send them on Skype through the messages option. At least it is better than only hearing something.
How To Share Screen On Skype For Business
The business application of Microsoft’s Skype is so upgraded and that’s why Sharing Screen on Skype’s Business application is also very easy. So to share screen on skype for business, just follow these steps…
1. Open the Skype For Business Application and Log in with your username and password.
2. Now start a chat with any of your contacts, now on the bottom of the chat box you will see a “Monitor” icon, so click on it.
3. After clicking on it, few options will pop in front of you, now you have to select one option from the starting two, which are 1. Present Programs 2. Present Desktop.
4. So if you want to share a specific part means only a specific window of your screen so select Present Programs option.
5. And if you want to share the full screen of your device so select the Present Desktop option.
6. Now after selecting one required option from them, you will see an outline around your screen, this means that the outline screen is the sharable screen. So if you are using two screens, so click on the screen which you want to share or if you’re using only one so let it remains pre-selected.
7. After selecting the screen, now click on the “Present” option. And then you will see a yellow outline around the sharing screen.
8. You can also give control to other receipts on call by selecting “Give Control” option, from the bar.
So that’s how you can share screen on Skype on business application. Now, what if you want to stop the screen sharing?
How To Stop Screen Sharing On Skype For Business
So to stop screen sharing on Skype on Business application you have to select the “Stop Presenting” option and the Screen Sharing process will stop.
Read Also – Here’s Everything About The Fortnite World Cup
Read Also – How To Install Kodi On Amazon Fire TV Stick